In 2016, The City of Redding initiated the Downtown Redding Specific Plan Update, which will build upon the adopted Downtown Specific plan. It will provide clear direction for development and create an economically viable strategy to develop Downtown to its fullest potential and establish it as a destination in the “heart” of the City. The Specific Plan Update will include review of a range of topics including:
- Specific Plan Area and Zoning District Boundaries
- Development Regulations and Guidelines
- Analysis of Market Conditions
- Analysis of Opportunities in Downtown
- Incorporate results of recently completed Downtown Redding Transportation Plan
- Parking in Downtown
- Implementation and Financing Strategy
- Public Infrastructure
- Specific Plan Administration
This website provides information about the Specific Plan Update, including the project background, project documents, and announcements and upcoming events. Contact us via email or at (530) 646-3746 with any questions or ideas that you have about the Specific Plan Update.
For information about the recently adopted Downtown Redding Transportation Plan, which informs the the Downtown Redding Specific Plan, please go here.